Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $ - Limp Bizkit

Welcome back to my blog. If you were an avid reader of my previous posts, you won't be disappointed with this entry. If you are new to the blog, here is what I do. Basically, I review albums I like or albums that are suggested to me and I rank each song in a list. The list starts off with my favorite songs to my least favorite songs. This review is all subjective, so if you don't agree with my opinion, I would love to debate why one song should rank over another song. If you can, just message me for online discussion and debate. Anyway, back to the review. You were probably expecting another Primus album because if you know me, I love the band Primus. They are my number-one favorite band of all time. After listening to EVERY song produced by them, I started to search for more alt-rock bands I would enjoy. I already listened to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I listened to some Tool. It just felt like something was missing, and what was missing was Limp Bizkit. I must clear this misconception out of the way when I say this. Limp Bizkit is not my all-time favorite band now--that would go to Primus--they are in my top ten favorite band list now. You should know that I am not a huge rap person, but I LOVE metal. When trying out Limp Bizkit, I was a little bit skeptical because they fused metal and rap. At first, I wasn't thrilled whatsoever about it, but then, I was hooked. I highly recommend this band if you are a metalhead, or you just love some very upbeat and heavy rap.


(To start this review off, I'll show a list that contains my favorite songs to my least favorite songs on this album. If a song is number 1, that means it was my favorite song. No other songs from the band's other albums will be shown on this list. Only songs that are on this album will be reviewed. Finally, I will briefly explain why my list is ordered the way it is. In other words, I will briefly explain why this song is ranked this way.)

The List:
  1. Pollution - I enjoy the heavy intro, the screaming lyrics, the rap, and the rage. It is pure greatness. It makes you pumped for whatever situation you want to be in. 10/10 recommend. An instrument that really stood out to me on this track was the bass. It was incredibly heavy and rumbly. 10/10!
  2. Counterfeit - slick lyrics, scratchy guitar, again, rumbly and ESPECIALLY funky bass, speedy beats, and a rocking sound. At first, I thought this song was alright, but listening to it a second time changed my mind completely. However, I wasn't really fond of the beatboxing session at the end. The song could have ended a tad bit earlier.
  3. Stuck - Funk and a little bit of a weird bass. Sick rap. I don't know how I feel from the sick rap to a heavy metal sound. It clashes a wee bit. It's not 100% perfect. I like how it sounds like a tad bit of jazz in the song which I really enjoyed. I thought it was a little silly, but that's Limp Bizkit. Just like Primus, you can't replicate it. They are the "Kings of Nu Metal." Like Counterfeit, there is no need for the extra sound at the end of the song. Assuming that was DJ Lethal at the end of the song, there is no need for it, we needed him more during the song. I don't know. I'm not very good at spotting instruments and instrument players in songs, but if DJ Lethal was in another part of that song, then take my comment as just words.
  4. Indigo Flow - Nice rap. The high bass sounds heavenly to the ears. The faint guitar in the background works with the song. The references to people that helped the singer throughout his career are very thoughtful. This is one of the only bands I know that has ever done this in a song. Again, very thoughtful.
  5. Sour - Dang catchy guitar and funky percussion. I really enjoyed the quiet and shy guitar and killer DJ effects. I like the simple rap aspect of the whole song. I actually really enjoyed the song. It's catchy and simple. The DJ effects in this song are incredible. But there is one flaw. ONE simple flaw. The unnecessary silence and quietness at the end of the song. I have to start counting how many times this band does this sort of stuff because it really gets unpleasant. 
  6. Faith - I like the original Faith better, but it still isn't a bad cover. The guitar and bass work heavenly together. I like the punk/heavy metal spin on faith. Truthfully it isn't bad. Listening to this song again makes me love it even more.
  7. Intro - I think the ignorant preacher in the beginning just makes it somewhat comedic while also disturbing because there are actual preachers like this, especially in America where they have intertwined patriotism with Christianity. I doubt these preachers have ever heard the phrase "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s." In other words, in no way governmental and political issues should be connected so closely to religion. Especially when it deals with an issue such as gun rights
  8. Clunk - I really liked this song. It was a really great song overall, my only problem with it was that there was no hook with it. Like a catchy melody to really get you going. I appreciated the deep rumbly bass because I am a sucker for bass. The DJ or Guitar effects sounded like Tom Morello 2.0. It was in no way bad, it just sounded familiar and unoriginal. The mid-song rap is slick. Like many of the raps in this album, they sound phenomenal. The DJ lyrics towards the end sound surreal but cool at the same time. There was nothing to rave about when it came to the percussion, but it was still good.
  9. Leech - Demo Version - First things first, I am blasted with metal which is not my favorite thing in a song, but I will let it slide. I do enjoy the repetitive guitar, I dig it. It makes me feel pumped up. Nothing wrong with the rumbly bass. Like many of their songs on this album, there is no hook to the song and no awesome melody. However, I will say that rap indeed works perfectly with metal. It just gives it that edge metal needs.
  10. Stink Finger - I like the melody of the singer with the screaming. Not really a catchy hook to the song though. Just a typical metal song, nothing special. The guitar in this song is great though.
  11. Stalemate - I was a little bit confused at the beginning because there were both unusual guitar riffs and singing. The song then breaks into a phenomenal piece. We had this upbeat percussion with a twangy bass. Everything was looking good, till the singer sang his first word, then the song plummeted down this chart. It honestly sounds like this singer is having an aneurysm while singing this song. He then goes into a screaming fit. This song seems to make a redeemable comeback with a sick rap, but it fails to do so with his inherent screaming. The instruments are amazing, The singer is awful. I want to shove dirt in my ears when I listen to this song 
  12. Nobody Loves Me -  I tend to notice that a lot of the songs on this album are very abrasive and scratchy. There is nothing wrong with that, but having too many songs like that gets tiresome very quickly. You have to mix it up once in a while. That's just my opinion. Anyway back to the song review. Here's what I liked. I really enjoyed the scratchy intro in the beginning and I assume the muting from the guitar. I also really appreciated the calm ending of the song in the way it faded out. The "tap-tap" percussion was the chef's kiss to this song. Now, onto the things I did not enjoy on this track. First of all, the lyrics didn't really make sense. They specifically started to sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers lyrics. Just random nonsense. "Go eat worms" is either a nonsense lyric or it has a deeper meaning. There was so much rage in the song, which I enjoyed, but the nail in the coffin with this song was that it just wasn't that catchy. To sum this song up, it is like a bland ice cream sundae with whip cream and a cherry on top.
  13. Everything - First, I am going to say what I like about this track, then, I am going to say what I dislike about it because BOY!, there are a lot of negatives about this song. For starters, I like the calm bass in this song. In fact, everything about this song is calm. I do like how it sounds more like a jam session more than anything. Now, onto the cons. This song has so much mumbling in it by the lead vocalist that it sounds like someone has a speech impediment. Secondly, this song in general is not too good. It drags on and there is no development to it. It's the TYPICAL example of filler on an album. This song is the definition of filler. Not saying that's a bad thing. It's just not my thing unless it is funk because, with funk, you got a natural groove to it that keeps it lively, unlike this song. I'm just not ready for a slow alt-rock jam session. It really isn't my thing. Finally, this song in no way needs to be more than 15 minutes long. After 15 minutes, if nothing new is brought to the table, then I just find it annoying. One final note, a thing I found really discouraging about this album was that this song was the finale of the album. It just kills the vibe of the entire album. Truthfully, that is one of the biggest reasons as to why this Limp Bizkit album ranks so low for me when it comes to my favorite Limp Bizkit albums.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Album - Primus

Antipop - Primus