Greatest Hits - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I know that reviewing a "Greatest Hits" album of any band is "not really" a true studio album. To start this blog off, am I maybe cheating the blog when reviewing this album? Yes! But my explanation for reviewing this album has ground to stand on because it gives me a challenge to work with. Every studio album I've listened to has either had great songs or not so great songs. This album makes my job a lot harder, so this will be a more interesting review than normal. Like always, let me first explain why I listened to this album. I loved MANY RHCP songs, so many that I wanted their greatest hits. Truthfully speaking, I don't think this album has all their greatest hits. I have two problems with this album, first, they are missing quite a few songs such as "Can't Stop" and "Stone Cold Bush." Second, they didn't add many songs from the band's early years, but I love this album to death because it has the majority of their best songs. Sidenote, I will be using the same comments for any songs that appeared on their previous album I reviewed because there is really not much else for me to say. So get ready because I'll be reviewing the Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits album.



(To start this review off, I'll show a list that contains my favorite songs to my least favorite songs on this album. If a song is number 1, that means it was my favorite song. No other songs from the band's other albums will be shown on this list. Only songs that are on this album will be reviewed. Finally, I will briefly explain why my list is ordered the way it is. In other words, I will briefly explain why this song is ranked this way.)

The List:
  1. Soul to Squeeze - I love the country vibe and rock vibe in this song very much. Some songs add too much country, but this song does it just right.
  2. Fortune Faded - I really like the guitar riff in this song. Well done! Also it has that punk rock feeling which I love.
  3. Higher Ground - Although this is a cover of a Stevie Wonder song, I absolutely love it. RHCP gives it a new spin.
  4. Californication - Although the bass and guitar play off each other fantastically in this song, it is very slow when starting a beat on the drums, however, I do love the drum's intensity in some parts of the song. The vocals are intense and mellow during the right times of the song.
  5. Under the Bridge - I love this song, but it is so overrated. In my opinion, it is okay. I love the fancy guitar riffs though. The bass is pretty lazy.
  6. Give it Away - I love the rap in this song and that twangy guitar. It fits perfectly. The bass is also very edgy in this song. The drums are incredibly loud in a good way.
  7. Scar Tissue - The guitar has a "voice" that anyone can hear. The lyrics, on the other hand, are just too repetitive.
  8. Otherside - The vocals in this song are some of the best vocals I have ever heard. Very mellow throughout most of the song, however, I love the funk/rock sound near the end and the awesome guitar.
  9. Save the Population - The songs is repetitive at some parts, but the vocals are probably the best part of this song. Not the guitar, bass, or drums.
  10. By the Way - The song is alright because they jump from one part of the song to the next in a very rushed manner which I absolutely hate.
  11. Suck My Kiss - It's not the best rap but it's alright. I like the rap, but there is just too much of it. Not enough musical instruments.
  12. Road Trippin' - If there were no guitar in this song, I would honestly dislike it very much. Same goes for the vocals, you need both to make this song beautiful.
  13. My Friends - Great vocals, but awful melody. I like the meaning of the song, it's just has an awful melody, but the guitar solo makes up for that horrendous melody.
  14. Breaking the Girl - I love the chorus, but everything else in this song is really nothing new. I don't want to listen to a song that doesn't have much effect.
  15. Parallel Universe - Nothing really stands out in this song, it just seems like it is there on the album. I'm not saying it's a bad song, it is just alright.
  16. Universally Speaking - This song is so boring in the beginning. I absolutely have nothing good to say about it. It shouldn't be on the Greatest Hits album.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Album - Primus

Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $ - Limp Bizkit

In Utero - Nirvana