Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith

I really thought I would never listen to classic rock after my introduction to alternative rock, but I was wrong. I was told to listen to this album by a friend of mine who really liked classic rock and Aerosmith. I was like "what the heck, I might as well give it a shot." I finished the album in about an hour, and my first reaction to it was that I really liked it. It wasn't too long, it wasn't too short, it was the perfect length. Another thing, the songs were so catchy. For example, I wanted to listen to the first song on the album so many times because of the awesome start to the song. Not only that, It was fast-paced. To be completely honest, Aerosmith was never my "go-to" band when it came to classic rock. In that genre, I preferred AC/DC or Steely Dan, but not Aerosmith. Sure, Aerosmith had great songs like "Sweet Emotion" and "Walk This Way," but other than those songs, I really never listened to them. I like every song on this album. I thought the songs were all good, but I didn't think they were perfect. I will say though, it is very impressive for there to be an album where I love every song. So get ready because this week I'll be reviewing Aerosmith's third studio album, "Toys in the Attic."



(To start this review off, I'll show a list that contains my favorite songs to my least favorite songs on this album. If a song is number 1, that means it was my favorite song. No other songs from the band's other albums will be shown on this list. Only songs that are on this album will be reviewed. Finally, I will briefly explain why my list is ordered the way it is. In other words, I will briefly explain why this song is ranked this way.)

The List:
  1. Toys in the Attic- I love the beginning of this song, it just has a rush I love. I want to dance to it.
  2. Walk This Way- This is a classic, but Run DMC does it better. Other than that it sounds fantastic
  3. Sweet Emotion- This song has a slow start, but it picks up the speed. If they had lyrics close to the beginning of the song, this would have taken the number 2 spot.
  4. Uncle Salty- This song has a funky sound which I love. I'm supri
  5. No More No More- I like the dance feel to it, It also has a great slow part to it, put then picks up speed.
  6. Big Ten Inch Record- The 1950's vibe is amazing in this song. Fantastic!
  7. Adam's Apple- Not a catchy tune and sounds very repetitive.
  8. Round and Round- I like the rock feel to it, but it's so freaking not that catchy and it's slow.
  9. You See Me Crying- I really don't like the slow feel to this song. The piano makes it worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Album - Primus

Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $ - Limp Bizkit

In Utero - Nirvana