Antipop - Primus

Well, things are very odd. First of all, I would have thought "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" would've been my first and last Primus album review, but it turns out that I was wrong, and when I say wrong, I mean COMPLETELY wrong. I loved the album "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" so much that I thought by reviewing another Primus album wouldn't hurt, but how on earth was I going to choose the next one. Primus is a band that is liked similarly to how people like candy corn, you either love it or you hate it. In my case, I loved it, but another challenge comes to mind when I have to review another great album by them. I had to pick another album quick and fast because I was already behind on my "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" album review, so which album was it going to be. I will let everyone know that one of my favorite songs by Primus is "Lacquer Head." This song is very comedic in its subject matter and it has a bass riff that I would call unthinkable or unexpected. In other words, check it out. Anyway, I knew Lacquer Head was on the album "Antipop." I thought to myself, why not review "Antipop." Well first of all, I was skeptical to review it because "Antipop" had only one song when it came to mind and that was "Lacquer Head," but was I going to let that idea shake me away from reviewing the album? No! Not at all! I also thought that this album was pretty long compared to the other albums I've reviewed. It was an hour and three minutes long. That made me even more skeptical. I had to review an album by Sunday, and time was running out, so instead of choosing another album to review like some logically thinking person would do, I decided to pull a complete "180" and review "Antipop." Once I finished the album, after two long car trips with my family, I was overall, not disappointed.  Was the album phenomenal? No, the album was not phenomenal, but it was alright. I usually give most albums I listen to an 8/10 or 9/10, but this album gets a 7/10. I believe this album is a 7/10 because not only is it too long, but on top of that, it finishes not with a bang, but with a bust. Anyway, to continue the review, this week on "Ready to Rock...and Review!," I'll be reviewing Primus's sixth studio album titled "Antipop."



(To start this review off, I'll show a list that contains my favorite songs to my least favorite songs on this album. If a song is number 1, that means it was my favorite song. No other songs from the band's other albums will be shown on this list. Only songs that are on this album will be reviewed. Finally, I will briefly explain why my list is ordered the way it is. In other words, I will briefly explain why this song is ranked this way.)

The List:
  1. Lacquer Head - The unique bass line and the comedic story is awesome.
  2. Electric Uncle Sam - It is such a great starter for the album, it literally makes you want to rock out. It gets you pumped.
  3. Ballad of Bodacious - The bouncy feel to this song makes it nice to listen to with that awesome guitar riff.
  4. The Antipop - The lyrics really make this song a rock song, but there is really nothing that sticks out when it comes to the melody.
  5. Power Mad - What makes this song memorable is the chorus and the funky bass, other than that it is just ok.
  6. Natural Joe - This song is alright, it just never was my favorite song.
  7. Dirty Drowning Man - This song is very repetitive but has a nice chorus and makes you feel pumped.
  8. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool - This song just isn't memorable. There is nothing special about it.
  9. Greet the Sacred Cow - The bass is extremely fuzzy in this song, but I just hate the silence and the empty noise in this song
  10. Eclectic Electric - I hate the creepy tone of this song. It doesn't keep the same feeling throughout the entire song which I hate.
  11. The Final Voyage of the Liquid Sky - It has a great bass line, but other than that the song really has nothing to stand on.
  12. Intro - It has a very creepy feeling to it.
  13. Coattails of a Dead Man - I hate the waltz feeling to it and just like the beginning of the album, it is creepy as can be. Also, there is literally like a minute of silence through the song, before another song is played. That just grinds my gears.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $ - Limp Bizkit

Brown Album - Primus