Mother's Milk - Red Hot Chili Peppers

If you can't already tell, I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers. One may have figured it out by now after I reviewed their "Greatest Hits" album and reviewed "Californication." This week though, I am focusing on my current favorite album by them and that is "Mother's Milk." I thought I loved "Californication," but I was dead wrong. To be honest, there were songs on "Californication" that I wasn't too fond of. On the other hand, after listening to "Mother's Milk," I quickly realized that I liked every song. Throughout all the albums I listened to from many bands, I've never listened to an album were I liked every song on it, excluding "Toys in the Attic" by Aerosmith. "Mother's Milk" had funky songs, as well as very catchy songs that I could not push out of my head. From "Higher Ground" to "Knock Me Down," I couldn't stop listening to these songs. These songs had very "poppy" bass sounds and "funky" guitar riffs. I don't recommend people to listen to every album I review, but I think everyone who reads my blogs should at least listen or try to listen to this album all the way through. The whole story why I listened to this album was because of the song I previously mentioned, "Higher Ground." When I listened to this tune on the "Greatest Hits" album, I really wanted to know which Red Hot Chili Peppers album originally had this song. I soon found out that it was on Mother's Milk, so I was like "why don't I listen to one more song on this album?" I then chose to listen to "Knock Me Down." As soon as I finished that song, I listened to another one, then another one, and so on, and so on. After finishing it, I said to myself, "This is my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers album ever!"




(To start this review off, I'll show a list that contains my favorite songs to my least favorite songs on this album. If a song is number 1, that means it was my favorite song. No other songs from the band's other albums will be shown on this list. Only songs that are on this album will be reviewed. Finally, I will briefly explain why my list is ordered the way it is. In other words, I will briefly explain why this song is ranked this way.)

The List:
  1. Knock Me Down - This song honestly gets me pumped every time I hear it.
  2. Higher Ground - Although this is a cover of a Stevie Wonder song, I absolutely love it. RHCP gives it a new spin.
  3. Good Time Boys - This song makes one want to listen to the entire album. I love the repetition and the "head-bang" feel to it.
  4. Nobody Weird Like Me - The bass slap and pop in the beginning is so cool. The song has a bit of a rush to it which I love. The downside is that it goes in a completely different direction when it comes to sound near the end of the song.
  5. Subway to Venus - The trumpets are amazing. If you can incorporate that into an album like this, it is pretty impressive.
  6. Stone Cold Bush - This song has the most impressive bass solo I've ever heard, but this song lacks in creativity because it repeats the lyrics too many times.
  7. Magic Johnson - I love the jangly guitar in this song, but this song isn't very creative when it comes to melody.
  8. Johnny Kick a Hole in the Sky - The guitar riff in between each verse is gold. I love it.
  9. Punk Rock Classic - This song has so much potential but they throw it out the window because the length of this song is so short.
  10. Fire - It's not the catchiest song I've heard, but it isn't bad.
  11. Pretty Little Ditty - The instruments rock in this song, but where are the vocals? I want to rock with some vocals.
  12. Sexy Mexican Maid - It's too slow for me. I like songs that have a little speed to them.
  13. Taste the Pain - This song isn't at all memorable, but it has a funky sound. If that funky sound didn't exist, this would be the only song on this album I would have disliked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $ - Limp Bizkit

Brown Album - Primus

Antipop - Primus